It has been determined that children with complex care needs and/or
disabilities and their families in the South Okanagan need support in a variety of ways. In response to these needs, the goals of Dragonfly Pond Family Respite are to provide coordinated services that will:
- Enhance existing programs by coordinating services and programs in a way that creates links and
partnerships that will support the promotion of healthy families and strengthen support services
- Reduce isolation, burn out and crisis within families by providing a range of support
- Provide community-based programs within each geographic centre to strengthen support at the
- Increase community awareness and involvement through volunteerism, in-kind contributions and
- Reduce the need for more costly care and services through a preventative focus.